6 reasons why you should ditch soft drinks, and energy drinks too!
- A single can of any soft drink out there contains about 8-10 teaspoons of sugar. This, over time, can lead to diabetes or insulin resistance, not to mention weight gain and other health problems.
- Soft drinks also impede the body’s ability to absorb calcium, this could lead to osteoporosis, cavities and bone softening. Also, they slow down digestion and prevent nutrient absorption.
- In diet soft drinks, substitutes for sugar are used and, usually, they are actually more harmful than regular sugar. These substitutes have been linked to so many different health problems including seizures, multiple sclerosis, brain tumors, diabetes, and emotional disorders. Also there is an increased risk of metabolic syndrome, which causes belly fat, high blood sugar and raised cholesterol.
- Most soft drinks contain caffeine, which has been linked to certain cancers and high blood pressure.
- There is absolutely no nutritional value in soft drinks. They are unnatural substances.
- Because of the high sugar, sodium and caffeine content in soft drinks, they cause dehydration.